Monday, July 6, 2015

How To Start Your Own Journey

So, you've made a decision to get healthy, congratulations! Now, where do you start? There are so many things that go into getting healthy and it can get overwhelming. I get it, I've been there. I've had three babies and basically have to start over with my fitness after each birth. So, I've compiled a list of things that helped me.

1. Figure out what kind of exercise you ENJOY! You will have a hard time sticking with something that you dread doing everyday. There's so many different things you can do; walking, running, swimming, exercise classes, dancing. Find a couple things you enjoy and alternate through them so you don't get burnt out.

2. Find a fit friend! This has been crucial for me. If you are starting a new way of life a support system is so beneficial! It can be a spouse, friend, someone from church or even me! Figure out who you can rely on for support and go through this together.

3. Realize that you're not perfect! Seriously, nobody is. There will be days when you miss a workout. There will be days when you fall off the wagon with your eating. But, the most important thing is that you dust yourself off, get up and get back to it.

4. Track your progress! Weigh yourself, take pictures, take your measurements. These things will help you when you feel like you want to give up. Looking back to see how far you've come will be a huge motivator! The picture below is my motivation. It's hard to see how far you've come unless you keep track!

I'd love to hear what you have done or what you struggle with. Comment below or send me a message!

No comments:

Post a Comment